Update as of 5/19/2020
First, we have really missed you!
Secondly, we have great news....the Governor has given us the ok to open this Friday (5/22/20) and the timing could not be better. Many of you are anxious to get out of the house, it's Memorial Day Weekend and the forecast is for hot, humid and lots of rain. Perfect weather to get back to bowling with family and friends!
During the day on Friday, we have a special event for our league bowlers.
- 9 am - 11 am FREE bowling for all Senior League bowlers who have bowled in a league in the last 12 months
- 11 am till Noon We will clean/sanitize the bowl for our night time league bowlers
- Noon till 5 pm FREE bowling for all our night league bowlers who have bowled in a league in the last 12 months
- 5 pm - 6 pm We will clean/sanitize the bowl for normal open play bowling
Friday evening at 6 pm, we open back up with our normal business hours and specials heading into a great holiday weekend.
We want your experience here to be FUN. For that to happen we know you need to feel safe and our staff has been working since when we closed in March (see below) to be ready.
- While closed, we did a four-week deep cleaning that addressed literally every aspect of the center
- We have positioned all the tables 8' or more from each other (2 feet further than required) to help generate social distancing
- Bathrooms will be cleaned/sanitized every hour
- We will sanitize chairs, tables, scoring monitors, house balls and rental shoes immediately after use
- We will be cleaning and sanitizing all high-touch areas and surfaces
- Hand Sanitizer will be available when you arrive and again when you leave for all guests.
- All employees will have their temperature taken at the start of each shift
- All employees will wear a mask
- Employees will either wear gloves or use hand sanitizer after every transaction
- All employees will be following all sanitation and hygiene best practices
- We will adhere to all health standards as recommended
- Employees have taken classes on Covid-19 preparedness
We encourage all guests to do their part in keeping everyone safe as well.
- We ask that you follow all hygiene best practices (especially washing / sanitizing hands frequently)
- If you are feeling sick, we ask that you stay home as to not put other guests and our employees at risk
We can't wait to see you again and show off our scrubbed, sanitized and sparkling Cowtown Bowling Palace! We know many of you are excited for some great food, drink, bowling and FUN and we are ready to serve it up.
Hope to see you soon,
The Staff of Cowtown Bowling Palace
Update as of 4/28/2020
We hope this message finds you and your family healthy. We miss each and everyone of you and look forward to having everyone back soon. Here are the latest updates:
- Recently, Governor Abbott laid out plans to re-open many Texas businesses. Unfortunately, bowling has not been included yet. We were originally scheduled to open on May 18th, but we now don't have definite date. We will update you when we find out when we are able to reopen.
- We can’t wait for you to see this place - The center is sparkling clean, sanitized like no other and we have worked on our pinsetters for no less than eight hours every day since we closed.
- Safety First - We are currently designing a completely new layout of our tables/chairs so that each table is at least eight feet from other tables. Some might have to walk a few extra feet to get to your lane but our promise to you is that we are taking every precaution possible to keep everyone safe. Additional safety procedures include:
- All employees will be wearing masks and gloves (we recommend our guests wear masks as well)
- We will clean counter and credit card machine (if used) after each group is put on their lane
- We will be cleaning and sanitizing tables and chairs between each group of guests
- We will have a bottle of sanitizer and a fresh towel on every table for guests to use while here
- We will ask all bowlers using house balls to leave them on the ball return when they are finished. Then, we can clean/sanitize them before putting them back on the house ball racks
- We will sanitize the bathrooms every hour
- We are going to set up multiple hand sanitizer stations around the center
I will send out another update as we get closer to opening. Until then, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Update as of 4/2/2020
Hello Cowtown Bowling Palace patrons:
We sincerely hope this update finds everyone being safe and staying healthy.
First, we are alive and well and still in business even though we boarded up our front doors (just trying to protect our facility). I would also like to highlight that we are keeping a close eye on what is happening and when we might be able to re-open. We have had a lot of calls and emails asking when that will be. Like everyone else, we can't say right now but I promise you that we can't wait to get started as soon as possible. We will be sending out another update in late April or the first week of May.
Like most every small business and many of the large ones here in the United States, this is a challenging time for Cowtown Bowling Palace. With that said, I can tell you that our owners are doing everything possible to have your favorite entertainment venue ready to re-open as soon as possible. Unlike many businesses in the metroplex, they have continued to pay most of our dedicated employees so that we can come out of this pandemic even better than before. Staff has worked literally non-stop to bring you the best Cowtown Bowling Palace possible when we re-open. That's right, staff has worked in shifts 24/7 cleaning, organizing and fixing since the minute we closed. And, we are not stopping any time soon.
Here is a list I sent the owners with many of the projects we have completed since closing our doors to the public:
- Cleaned up all trash around the building
- Bowlers Area / Concourse
- Ceiling / Lights / Heating and A/C Vents
- Dusted all ceiling tiles
- Dusted, wiped down Lights and Vents
- TVs and Scoring Monitors
- Dusted backs and wiped down fronts
- Cleaned and disinfected
- Cleaned every inch of every wall
- Concourse Floor
- Wiped down and disinfected every chair and table in bowlers and concourse area
- Cleaned and disinfected all house ball racks and balls
- Game Room
- Wiped down all vending machines inside and out of game room
- Mopped floor
- Polished floor
- Thorough cleaning of office behind front desk
- Cleaned Pepsi and Candy machines inside and out
- Took remaining inventory out of coolers and placed in walk-in cooler
- Cleaned and disinfected everything, inside and out, plus behind and under coolers
- Moped (moved coolers to do under them)
- Scrubbed and disinfected counters
- Deep cleaning and disinfected the following:
- Walk-in cooler
- Fryers and Grill
- Low boy fridge and all Freezers
- Floor Mats
- Microwave, nacho cheese / chili machine and soda dispenser
- Cleaned and sanitized every inch of every bathroom in building
- Gutters and Gutter Caps
- Scrubbed every inch of all of them
- Re-aligned all lighting running down gutter caps
- Ball return covers
- Scrubbed 2 times
- We are cleaning, lubing, adjusting and repairing every pinsetter in the center. Many of these projects are difficult if not impossible to do with the consistent business we have.
- Some machines only take 3-5 hours while others have taken days.
- Thus far, we have completed 15 of 32 machines
- Rental Shoes
- Did thorough inspection of rental shoes to determine if they are still appropriate for use
- Threw out those that are not
- Did inventory to determine what was needed
- Replaced some with available inventory
- Placed order for balance needed
- Cleaned Party Room
- Cleaned all walls
- Vacuumed all carpeting
- Deep cleaned bathrooms
- Deep cleaned all Storage Rooms
- Cleaned and organized most of the offices
- Provided around the clock security to protect the center
We still have more to do but as we know, we still have time to finish the list.
All of us here look forward to seeing your smiling faces walk thru our doors as soon as possible and we are dedicated to bring you the best Cowtown Bowling Palace experience ever upon your return. Until then, please stay healthy!
Dear Cowtown Bowling Palace Email Members,
After much consideration regarding the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the leadership of Cowtown Bowling Palace has decided to close effective immediately for two weeks as we work together with our community to prevent the spread of the virus. All activities at the center are cancelled through Tuesday, March 31 when we will re-evaluate the circumstances for re-opening at that time. We will post our status online on our website, cowtownbowling.com and on our Facebook page with updates and information as they become available. We will also continue to send updates via email to all Cowtown Bowling Palace E-mail members.
We will be using the time we are closed to clean every inch of the bowl, touch up the paint, work on our pinsetters and all the other projects that are hard to do when we are filled with guests.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see everyone back here at the center in the not too distant future. It is our sincere wish that each and every one of you remains safe!